Strive for L▪I▪F▪E programme
L▪I▪F▪E stands for Leighton Incident Free Environment and is our ultimate objective.
Leighton Asia has the vision to bring about a step-change and a cultural shift towards the elimination of Class 1 incidents across all of our operating regions.
Officially kicked off in Hong Kong and Macau in November 2009, the programme was subsequently rolled out across Leighton Asia with a number of supporting key initiatives.
Examples of these strategic initiatives are
- Strive for LIFE Safety Leadership Programme;
- Strive for LIFE Advanced Safety Induction (ASIT) for workers;
- Frontline “appreciation” courses for Electrical Safety, Scaffolding & Lifting Operations;
- Strive for LIFE Safety Leadership Inspections for all senior management;
- Our One HSE Cultural model;
- Establishment of a set of “Class One Standards” (COPS) for all critical risk operations;
- Element Champion Reviews of COP performance
- Enhanced incident investigation and lessons learned process.
- Defined Class 1 risk management processes;
- Safety by design at Tender stage;
- Enhanced management of our subcontractors and supply chain;
- Critical parts inspection programme for Plant & Equipment;
- Improved site welfare facilities;
- Enhanced communication and safety promotion.
Leighton Asia's mechanical and electrical works arm Wai Ming M&E Limited wins Gold Award at the Outstanding Registered Electrical Contractors Competition 2023