Leighton Asia recognised as Caring Company
- marzo 17, 2022
Leighton Asia’s business in Hong Kong has once again been recognised as a Caring Company by The Hong Kong Council of Social Service.
This high-profile award is a testament to our long-standing commitment to supporting our people, the community and the environment.
Some of the key initiatives implemented in 2021 include:
People and community
- Community engagements with more external organisations and charities. Activities ranging from shoreline clean-up, home repairs for elderlies, to volunteer at local animal shelter
- Enhanced Parental Policy providing benefits above the statutory requirement – up to 16 weeks paid leave for the primary carer and up to two weeks paid leave for an employee who is the partner of a primary carer
- Signed the ‘The Mental Health Workplace Charter’ to pledge to promote a mental health-friendly environment for our people
- Enhanced control measures against COVID-19 to ensure a safe working environment for our people and those under our care
- The development of innovative safety training mediums, which now includes a “Virtual Reality Safety Training Module” covering Class 1 Risk Management for frontline Supervisors and Engineers
- Achieved the highest level of Building Environmental Assessment Method Plus – Platinum Rating at our Columbarium and Garden of Remembrance project
- Implemented various noise control, energy saving, waste and water reduction measures across our projects
Huge thanks to everyone involved and the Leighton Caring Team for their support! We will continue to deliver a great working environment for our people and make a difference to the community.
Cick HERE to read a featured article (in Chinese only) of the Hong Kong Economic Times on how we are pioneering workplace diversity and inclusion.