Environment & sustainability
Protecting the environment is one of our core values and is central to the way we do business.
Our commitment to the environment is evident at all our projects as we adhere to strict environmental policies ensuring compliance with local environmental laws and regulations. Our environmental performance is a key component of our sustainability strategy of continuous improvement.
At our projects, we constantly challenge ourselves to innovate new ways to prevent pollution in our activities and conserve resources through the efficient use of energy and materials. Our experience in this area enables us to advise clients on environmental aspects of their projects and help them find cost-effective solutions to potential problems.
Our environmental commitments include:
- Complying with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Taking all practical steps to prevent adverse environmental events and provide rapid and appropriate response to address any events that occur.
- Managing resource usage to protect the environment and improve our business performance.
- Creating project opportunities that utilise new environmental technology.
- Maintaining an effective environmental management system that is aligned and implemented to international standards (ISO 14001) to manage performance on projects, set and review targets, allocate resources and continuously improve our environmental performance.
- Providing appropriate training for our employees, subcontractors and others working on our behalf to improve awareness and knowledge of our system and their roles and obligations.